Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Another day...

Ugh, it's back to work for me tonight.  I just had five days off for my birthday (which in reality, since I didn't head up north to Mackinaw City, I really needed only one day off...), and now it's time to head off to work tonight.  I come back to work being it's the beginning of the month, which means in the state of Michigan, it's time for the bridge cards to start reloading.  It's a big headache for cashiers in the state, especially at midnights, because it seems to bring out all the morons, jackasses, dipshits, and all around lower than life scum.  And 95% of them think that since they get state assistance on their grocery bills, they should get the royal treatment and get helped with EVERYTHING.

One thing that bothers me is that this card is supposed to help getting the essential groceries and goods needed to survive.  I see most of the people coming through the lines with high end, luxury items (which to me, lobster, crab, other fish items, expensive ribs and other meats.)  Now if it were me, if I had the bridge card (or food stamps card, where ever you might reside), I would be buying stuff like chicken, ground beef, maybe 1 steak, salad stuff, and other frozen goodies.  I am guilty of needing the bridge card; I applied for one last week over the internet, because between my little salary and Jason's pay each week, we can barely afford the groceries we do get.  We pay our bills, get what groceries we can, and then decide whether or not to wash some laundry or go have some entertainment (laundry usually wins, Jason goes through shirts, shorts, and underwear quickly thanks to his job.)  We have no social life simply because we can't afford it.  Our free time together is usually spent at home, watching tv together, or on our computers.

Sure, we would love to go out more, be able to attend more concerts, sporting events, and other "luxuries" as I call them...   But we can't, because we have responsibilites.  The last concert we went to was to see Rush back in April, and the ONLY reason we were able to afford that was because of my income tax refund.  Next concert we plan on going isn't until the end of October.  Last time we did anything fun was this past Sunday, which happened to be my birthday, and we took a drive up to Frankenmuth, also known as Michigan's little Bavaria, and took in the sights, ate 2 good meals, and shopped at the nearby outlet mall.  And that was all able to happen because we saved throughout the month so we could have the extra money to do so.

Oy, I have unloaded enough for now.  Gonna go relax a bit before I get to get ready for the day, and take my bus ride through town so I can get to work.  Later all!

No comments:

Post a Comment